Rural Metro Urging Residents to Clean Out Their Dryer Vents after Early Morning Fire

Rural Metro Fire officials with a reminder following an early morning house fire.

Officials reminding residents to clean out their dryer vents after crews were called to a house fire on the 1500 block of Sails Way around 7:25 this (Monday) morning and found a small fire in a clothes dryer. Officials say the fire was quickly put out and the dryer was removed from the home.

There was no damage to the home.

Photo courtesy of WVLT

There is no custom code to display.

What's happening

Dog Daze at Village Green

Dog Daze at Village Green

D​OG DAZE V@ Village Green. The festivities will take place in the Village Green Shopping Center parking lot, just south of Planet Fitness, Friday August 13 through Sunday the 15th.

Register to win tickets to Loco Drive-In!

Register to win tickets to Loco Drive-In!

Located right off Exit 72 on I-75 (Loudon), The LoCo Drive-In will feature the latest LED technology video board with day and night viewing capabilities. We plan to present movies, sporting events, concerts and more, catering to all ages and demographics, and connecting our local communities.