Overcharged Lithium-Ion Batteries Reportedly Responsible for South Knox County House Fire

Overcharged batteries stored in a garage reportedly responsible for a fire in a South Knox County home.

Rural Metro Fire crews responded to a house fire on Riveredge Circle last (Thursday) night. The residents of the home say they discovered the flames and initially put out the fire. Rural Metro crews were able to completely extinguish the fire upon arrival.

According to fire officials, lithium-ion batteries were overcharged and ignited combustion products in the garage.

Rural Metro Officials urging to “Be careful how you store and care for these lithium-ion batteries in your home. They can be hazardous,”

The exact cause of the fire is under investigation. No injuries were reported in the fire.

There is no custom code to display.

Weather

  • Forecast
  • Currents
  • Planner

What's happening

Real Men Wear Pink

Real Men Wear Pink

Show support for American Cancer Society by joining the Real Men Wear Pink campaign.

Hal & Phil Off The Record 7 (with Bob!)

Hal & Phil Off The Record 7 (with Bob!)

Due to circumstances regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be unable to host our annual Off The Record event at the Bijou Theatre in 2020. We have a new date scheduled for April 20, 2021.