Six residents and two dogs are recovering after they were rescued from an early morning fire in West Knoxville.
Firefighters were called to Cherry Tree Lane Monday morning. Officials say the residents woke up at 4:30 a.m. to the smell of smoke.
The fire was in the wall behind the fireplace. The residents tried twice to put the fire out, but had to call 911. No injuries were reported. The Red Cross is assisting the family.
KFF working a residential fire 1300 block Cherry tree Lane all residents safely outside, fire appears to have started near the chimney. pic.twitter.com/Q0ojN35IJl
— Knoxville Fire (@KnoxvilleFire) January 13, 2020